Monday, October 30, 2017

Heaven Near


"Heaven Near"
(Original Character
)

This is a counterpart piece to an illustration I did back in 2015. I actually conceptualized this way back then, but failed to get anywhere with it. Since my interest in my story has suddenly skyrocketed (See: every other post for the last 2~3 weeks), I felt the need to finish this one in between my character designs.

 I was concerned about using the character's main color palette since the outfit for her here differs from her actual design, but the other plan would have either clashed or blended with the background. I think keeping with her proper colors lets her pop from the image more.


October 30, 2017
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.

(*Paper texture added digitally via Photoshop Elements)