Monday, February 22, 2016

I Wanna Get the Kitty!


"I Wanna Get the Kitty!"
(Crono, Marle, and Lucca from Chrono Trigger / Gift art for Vinesauce
)
 
Over at Vinesauce, Vinny is playing Chrono Trigger; arguably one of the best RPGs ever made, and his self-proclaimed favorite game. When he was messing around on his second stream trying to "catch the cat" in the sewers in 2300 AD, something inspired me to do a piece reminiscent of Akira Toriyama's original illustrations for the game.

I actually did the lineart for this piece twice, as the first time I did it was heavily rushed to display on their booru (to which he showcased that night). I decided I could do better, to which I feel I did indeed. To keep in line with the mock-style of Toriyama's works, I had the new lineart printed onto parchment paper to give it a bit of mood toning. Using the white pencils and gel pens on this colored paper really pops the highlights. The Vineshroom on the wall was a last-second addition to the lineart before coloring to personalize it to the stream.

 February 22, 2016
Micron pens, Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, charcoal pencil, colored pencils, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" celery parchment paper.