Sunday, December 2, 2018

Halcyon Days


"Halcyon Days"
(Animal Crossing/Gift art)

This one was part of a secret project I was doing for Christmas gifts for a few friends this year. However, due to time and creativity walls, this was the only one that saw production.
My friends here are fans of Animal Crossing, pumping unknown amount of time into the last installment, New Leaf. I decided to put them into the world that brings them joy, along with their favorite villagers, Bob, Avery, and K.K. I balanced their designs with normal proportions with AC human facial features.
Despite the size of this one (14x18"), coloring did not take as long as I anticipated, doing most of it within two sittings.
The other pieces I had in mind for my other friends may see the light of day, someday, but it definitely won't be in time for this Christmas, lol

December 2, 2018
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, gel pens, and POSCA paint pens
on 14x17" smooth bristol stock.