Friday, December 20, 2013

Under the Violet Shade




"Under the Violet Shade"
(Original characters for commission)

The last commission I had done for 2013, and the longest to complete, as it was commissioned back in May, and only finished in December... The characters are original to the client, and she loves the idea of purple trees, I ended up on doing a lavender tree for reference, given the winter setting. Doing the characters was quite trying because of their size on the paper and making sure they had enough detail to not look lazily done, and the tree itself took the longest, and probably created the long gaps between sessions with this piece. There was a lot of daunting elements about this, and to be quite frank, I'm not completely satisfied with the final product. If I just had some more colors...
Kelli, if you read this, I'm game for a re-do in the future! XD (But I am glad you're happy with it, so that's all that should matter to me)

December 20, 2013
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, chalk pastels, and gel pens
on 11x17" cardstock.