Friday, April 24, 2015

Seventh Heaven (Redo)


"Seventh Heaven" (Redo)
(Tifa Lockhart from
Final Fantasy VII)
 
I admit it. Growing up, this was likely my first fictional crush. Of course, I was also 12, at the time. 

Among many, MANY things Final Fantasy VII is known for, it's safe to say that Tifa is arguably one of the most popular outside of the gamer stratum. At a time where kick-ass female characters were starting to emerge, she also had the deep personality and character to keep her from being just another pretty face.
I did this picture digitally back in 2007, so almost 8 years of new techniques and broader study of anatomy and "physics" made this picture a "Definite" on my redo list. This one also challenged me with the lighting and shadowing, to which I think turned out far better than anticipated. The biggest change to the old one was sort of me trying to blend her original appearance with her Advent Children one, going for her white top and miniskirt with the apron/cape and pink ribbon being the only tack-ons from her movie visage.
Also note the barely visible "VII" in the background...

April 24, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.