Monday, April 13, 2015

Maverick Hunters


"Maverick Hunters"
(X and Zero from Mega Man X)


I've always loved the X series Mega Man titles. Because of their more hardcore setting and fun, interesting gameplay
, it feels like a true sequel to the Mega Man franchise rather than just another chapter of the same story. I also love the approach of the rivals-in-arms friendship of X and Zero. This illustration was a bit of a gush for me, pouring out my love for MMX onto paper is something I've not really done since I was young. Even less, it be an original piece.

In a rarity, this one actually turned out better than I anticipated, with no issues on marker-bleed or misplaced colors to note. I do wish I could highlight Zero's Z-Sabre better, but I'm afraid of overdoing it's effect, so it is what it is.
 
April 13, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, and gel pens,
on 8.5x11" cardstock.