Saturday, April 18, 2015

Proof of Existence




"Proof of Existence"
(Mewtwo and Mew from
Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back)

This was another piece I penned last year but didn't get around to coloring until today. One sitting, at that. Mewtwo and Mew have always tied for first place as My favorite
Pokémon, and the first movie probably helped with that.
The composition was inspired by a display by Tamashii Nations when they showcased the Mewtwo D-Arts. I tried to put some subtle diversity into how I colored the two characters, making Mewtwo's shading much more haggard and jagged, while making Mew's more calm and steady.
In retrospect, I honestly wished I had done the background colors in shades of purple and violet, but I don't have enough markers to give it the effect I put into it. All in all, I think it turned out better than I though it was... ^_^;;
 
April 18, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, and colored pencils,
on 8.5x11" cardstock.