Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Nightmare


"Nightmare"
(Zio and Dark Force from
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium)
 
A commission for CainsLove Crafts (who is also my wife, lol), whom grew up with the original Phantasy Star series for the Sega Master System and Genesis. While I've not played them, personally, I've seen her play through all of them, so my grasp on their stories are fair.

I tried to make this very scenic, almost like a painting. I originally intended on having it paneled, but went against that once I realized how constricting it would look. Various layers of marker, colored pencil and chalk pastels were used in making Dark Force blend as well into the background as I could, as well as making the mist have a fog-like feel to it. The atmosphere of the picture turned out a bit better than I thought it would, honestly, and definitely leaves a foreboding presence fitting of the scene it's replicating.

May 27, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencis, chalk pastels, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.