Monday, May 11, 2015

I, II, Red, Blue


"I, II, Red, Blue"
(Zaku I, Zaku II, Char's Zaku II, and Gouf from
Mobile Suit Gundam)
 
This was a fun parody of Dr. Seuss' "One fish two fish red fish blue fish," utilizing everyone's favorite Zaku variants... Wait...

I can't recall what exactly inspired me to do it, aside from the obvious "This is no Zaku, boy" line from Ramba Ral. I do know that whatever it was, it's admittedly one of the more clever things I think I'd come up with! (lol) I was stewing on when I was going to do this one completely, but when a friend who's moving soon told me he wanted to commission me to finish it, I jumped on it, if only for the sake of not having to mail it off later. I do wish I could have made the background a bit more consistent, but I've done worse, I think.

May 11, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.