Sunday, June 7, 2015

Those Chosen by the Planet - Set 1


"Those Chosen by the Planet" (Set 1)
(Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart and Aerith Gainsborough from
Final Fantasy VII)
 
A project I thought up a bit back to make illustrations of the FF7 cast in art styles reminiscent of their in-game field models, but didn't really have a complete execution in mind. I just decided to do individual character pics, with roughly 3 per sheet.

Since these three are arguably the main characters within the protagonists, I did them first. While I started them based on those blocky, Popeye-armed renders, I decided to give them some visual aesthetic to make them more pleasing.

I'm in progress of doing the rest of the main cast, and am hoping to sell these as individual prints, later down the line, probably as 5x7's.

June 7, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, ballpoint pen, Prismacolor Markers, charchol pencil, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.