Sunday, June 17, 2018

Rhapsody


Rhapsody
______________________________

A young refugee from the destroyed city of Judah, she was separated from her family and found by Elysium. While raised as a mage, her mother disappeared too soon into her training, leaving her confidence and potential untapped.

Rhapsody Orpheus
Age: 17 / Height: 5’ 2” / Weight: 122 lbs.
Birth Date: March 16 / Zodiac: Pisces / Blood Type: B
VI: Stephanie Sheh
______________________________


[Illustration Info]

Rhapsody (Ver.2018)

This one was one of the hardest, though most rewarding of my recent redesigns. Something I was having a huge issue with prior with her was keeping her youthful cuteness intact, and instead accidentally giving her more of mature and sexy vibe... I didn't like that, and I certainly didn't want that. I fixed her proportions considerably, especially her face and eyes, and gave her outfit a lot of new frills and details... Almost too many details. (lol)
The color scheme isn't changed too much from the prior version, but with the added details, some new colors came into the mix that honestly bring everything together nicely. Her staff is the most complex thing I've designed, and I think I have a love/hate relationship with it...
But, this girl's a prominent character as the story progresses, and I want her to look the part!
 
June 14, 2018
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, gel pens, and POSCA paint pens
on 14x17" smooth bristol stock.
 
Fated Sword Dual Balance ©Studio OZKai