Saturday, June 16, 2018

Elysium


Elysium
______________________________

Elysium wields the fated sword Aegis of the Heavenly Sky.
Her home city was destroyed years ago. When her refuge town is attacked, she takes up arms, leading the one-sided battle against a group destroying humanity.
When she encounters Terra, the two eventually discover just how deep the war has gone.

Elysium Fairheim
Age: 21 / Height: 5’ 5” / Weight: 131 lbs.
Birth Date: December 29 / Zodiac: Capricorn / Blood Type: B
VI: Kate Higgins
______________________________


[Illustration Info]

Elysium (Ver.2018)

Hot off the heels of the last redesign for Terra, I have the one that inspired me to do these in the first place — Elysium. I don't know why, but for such a simple character design, I've consistently had the hardest times drawing her proportionately, much less creatively.

I must say, for the first time since 2004, I am in love with how I made her look, here. The pose, the face, the sword's angle. Everything is exACTly how I envisioned them to be. The colors turned out to be a little less flat than how I did Terra, but I don't think it's distractingly different.
One thing I as able to do I couldn't as well with Terra was the highlights, which I accomplished with a new Uni POSCA white paint pen, which allowed some really amazing controllable white lines here and there, especially on the blade of the sword, as well as her eyes and earring.
 
June 9, 2018
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, gel pens, and POSCA paint pens
on 14x17" smooth bristol stock.
 
Fated Sword Dual Balance ©Studio OZKai