Friday, February 1, 2019

Maestro and Muse


"Maestro and Muse"
Key illustration

For whatever reason, these two are my favorite characters to draw, so I decided to do a key piece featuring them.
I wanted to have a very dynamic sense of flow with Rhapsody's hair and cape, but herself looking stoic and solemn. I decided to do her staff fully aligned rather than alternating the wings as I felt it would mess with the composition.
To make sure Nocturne didn't stand out too much, I wanted him to appear faded, even distant, so I had to go with lighter colors for his usually black outfit.

February 1, 2019
Sakura Pigma pens, pencils, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, charcoal pencils, gel pens, POSCA paint pens, and chalk pastels
on 14x17" smooth bristol stock.


Fated Sword Dual Balance ©Studio OZKai