Monday, November 6, 2017

The Prophecy


"The Prophecy"(10-year update) 
(Original Characters
)

Sorry if I'm spamming my own creations, but my interest super-piqued recently. This is a redo of a piece I did back in either 2007, and never posted on here for whatever reason (but can be seen below). I think I let this piece kinda run with my minor inspiration of The Record of Lodoss War, which when I created these characters and story, I had only seen 2 episodes of the OVA randomly in even earlier 2000's. (After watching it again last year, it's weird how much stuck with me about it.)

As with many of my remakes, I've switched from digital to traditional mediums, but I'd like to think my understanding of anatomy, wings, and overall composition has improved. Some might say the lighting on the older one may have looked more dynamic, but I believe that hides just how bad the linework was. Also happier with the color balance for this one, as well. The character designs have also shaped up well, and definitely wanted to reflect that in this update.


November 6, 2017
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.

(*Paper texture added digitally via Photoshop Elements)



"The Prophecy"
(Original Characters
)


April 15, 2007
Normal Pens and PainterClassic
2810x4000 pixels