Friday, April 1, 2016

Nouveau Daicon


"Nouveau Daicon"
(From DAICON III & IV Opening Animations)
 
I decided I wanted to revisit the DAICON animations, while trying some more art nouveau stylings; something I'm trying to get better at. I considered having two separate illustrations, but couldn't think of enough to fill the pictures well, so decided on making another joint picture between the two films. I also made the characters much more within my own personal style (Something I don't really do much), making them look considerably more realistic. Though I'll admit, I'm still terrible at discerning a child's facial structure from an adults...

I added the picture to an aged paper texture I found digitally, to give the final look of an authentic Mucha-esque look. Also, because I forgot to during the inking process, I changed the roman numerals of the titles from black to their respective colors digitally, as well.

April 1, 2016
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, Prismacolor Markers, colored pencils, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.
Paper texture and touchups added digitally.