Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Blue Twilight



"Blue Twilight"
(Mega Man 5
)
 
An illustration done for Capcom's Mega Man Legacy Collection Art Contest, the objective is to reimagine a cover art for one of the 6 classic Mega Man titles contained within the collection. I chose Mega Man 5, as I liked the idea of making a genuine rivaly between Mega Man and Proto Man (or was it???). I added a few elements exclusive or new to that game, including Dark Man, a prominent villain toward the end, and also Beat, with 5 being the assist character's first appearance. Also, who's that we spy at the bottom...? (lol)

This piece had a lot of ambition and passion poured into it, and I think it shows pretty well. with the moody color palette, added details, and toned shading, It's a strong possibility this is one of my pictures I can say turned out even better than I anticipated.

And, thanks to whatever deity/deities are in charge, the impression carried over to the judges, as it stands among the other 5 winners of the contest! I'm extremely excited to be chosen on this, and congratulate in fullest the other winners, as had they entered in the MM5 category, I may not have made it! ^^;;;

July 15, 2015
Micron pens, Sakura Pigma pens, ballpoint pen, Prismacolor Markers, charcoal pencil, colored pencils, and gel pens
on 8.5x11" cardstock.

(Border color added digitally via Photoshop Elements)