Sunday, April 21, 2013

Angel of Death


"Angel of Death"
(Kuja, Vivi Ornitier, Zidane Tribal, and Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX)

As a "classic" Final Fantasy fan, I never understood why FFIX never gets more attention. I mean, it had everything that makes A Final Fantasy a, well, "final fantasy." But I digress.
This illustration was an attempt to redo an older piece I did way back in 2004, now that official art has finally been released publicly. However, with even my composition understanding broadening, it can hardly be tied to the old drawing.
This one also had an experimental purpose, where I tested using a white chalk pastel to mimic rain bouncing off of surfaces. Stuff like this really gets my brain going, and I love it. Though I'm sure I forgot some places...

April 21, 2013
Micron pens, Prismacolor markers, colored pencils, gel pens, and chalk pastels
on 8.5x11" cardstock